Android has always had the ability to create a background from one of the photos stored on the phone. Android phones can now have a live wallpaper made up of their photos with an app called JustPictures!
To create the live wallpaper:
1. Download JustPictures! from the Android Marketplace
2. Connect your online accounts such as Facebook and Flickr to the app by pressing menu on the app homescreen and choosing the option, Add Account. Then choose manage logins and connect the app to all of the photo websites that you use.
3. Browse through your photo’s on JustPictures. When you find a picture that you want to add to the live wallpaper then press menu and then add to favourites.
4. Go to the Android home screen and then hold your finger on the home screen. Choose the option Wallpapers, then Live wallpapers and then choose the live wallpaper called JustPictures Wallpaper.
Your Android wallpaper will will now be a slide show of all of your favourite photos.
- Free – JustPictures is a free app so the live wallpaper feature is also free.
- Ability to choose photos – The app only shows your favourite photos. This means that you can choose photos that will work best on the live wallpaper.
- Transition – The way that the live wallpaper transitions from one photo to another is very graceful.
- Quality of photos – I have noticed that the quality of most photos is reduced on the live wallpaper
If you like having photos on your background but would prefer your background to be a slide show of photos rather than a static photo then I would recommend this app. JustPictures! is a free app that creates a slide show live wallpaper which works very well.