Yesterday I wrote a tip on how to use the app JustPictures! to create a live wallpaper from your pictures. The developer of WebLiveWallpaper (Michael Haar) asked if I would look at his app.
WebLiveWallpaper is very similar to JustPictures! live wallpaper feature but with one difference. Instead of displaying your pictures on the live wallpaper, WebLiveWallpaper gets pictures from many sources around the web.
WebLiveWallpaper gets images from the following sources:
- Webcams from around the world
- Pictures from a gallery of websites such as Wikipedia and Deviant ART
- You can enter any website and the app will find images from the website automatically
- Free – The live wallpaper is free
- Many great images – The Live Wallpaper displays many great images
- Highly adjustable – The app allows you to adjust the live wallpaper such as time each image is shown, in what order the images are shown and where the images come from.
- Image collection delay – When you choose a source of images the live wallpaper takes time to change. However, this is only a minor issue.
- Images do not always cover every screen – Some images collected are not large enough and on the first and last screen there are black bars on the side.
If you like your wallpaper to show great images but rather them to come from the web than your own collection then this app is for you. WebLiveWallpaper isn’t perfect but does it job very well and has a great selection of image sources which makes sure that you always have a good looking background.